[Dwarf-Discuss] regarding DW_TAG_subroutine_type usage

sreedeep moulik sreedeep_bhu_2007 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 7 22:25:12 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I have read the document specifications for dwarf2.0 and 3.0 . In both docs it's specified that DW_TAG_subroutine_type is used for subroutine type, and it may have one DW_AT_name attribute if the name of subroutine is specified in the source.

I am building my code with compiler options -g -dwarf2 in RVCT 3.1 . The .debug_info section is generated properly that I can see in fromelf. But all the DW_TAG_subroutine_type types are not having DW_AT_name field. Also, the enumeration types DW_TAG_enumeration_type too not having DW_AT_name.

Can you suggest any compiler option that I need to specify to get those DW_AT_name fields for subroutines and enumerations.

Thanks in advance

               sreedeep

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/