[Dwarf-Discuss] dwarfdump behaviour on unknown augmentation

Saurabh saurabhcv at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 09:05:01 PDT 2010

Hi David,
Shouldn't dwarfdump continue parsing and not error out when it encounters an
unknownh augmentation string?

dwarfdump ERROR:  dwarf_get_fde_list:  DW_DLE_FRAME_AUGMENTATION_UNKNOWN(195)
(195)

From the dwarf spec 2.0
If a reader encounters an augmentation string that is unexpected, then only the
followinglength, CIE_id, version, augmentation; FDE: length,CIE_pointer
augmentation, this value is a zero byte.
 , initial_location, address_range. If there is no