[Dwarf-Discuss] About self-referencial sized types

Pierre-Marie de Rodat derodat at adacore.com
Thu Apr 24 08:25:36 PDT 2014

On 04/23/2014 04:34 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Jakub> That's strange, for Fortran arrays GCC emits DW_OP_push_object_address
> Jakub> heavily.
>
> AFAICT it's never come "seriously" to anybody's attention.

Looking for more information about DW_OP_push_object_address, I found a
thread from 2007[1] in which Jan Kratochvil submits patches for VLAs
handling on the gdb-patches@ mailing list, including support for this
operation. It seems that these patches were never pushed, though[2].

As Joel said, today we have VLAs handling in GDB, but not this specific
hunk.

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2007-11/msg00321.html
[2] https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2011-03/msg00021.html

--