[Dwarf-discuss] Ordering of DW_OP_piece pieces

Jim Blandy jimb
Tue Apr 5 15:32:07 GMT 2005

Does the standard explain what order DW_OP_piece pieces appear in?

Specifically, do pieces appear in order of increasing address, were
the value to be entirely stored in memory, or in order of significance
(least / most significant first)?  Given that "more significant" and
"less significant" aren't meaningful terms for values like structures,
I'd expect the pieces to appear in memory order, but I can't find
anything that specifies that.

This seems to be in the same vein as issue 031203.1:
http://dwarf.freestandards.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=031002.1