[Dwarf-discuss] Re: Interpretation of FBREG: implied deref of frame_base?

Chris Quenelle Chris.Quenelle
Mon Apr 18 21:03:46 GMT 2005

> Since DW_OP_fbreg -20 is unambiguously computing a location
> (not a value) I suspect Daniel is right, and an automatic dereference
> is in order.

I'm not following this discussion 100%, but in the future I'll want
to use dwarf expressions as value expressions as well as location
expressions.  So it would be good if the definitions of the operators
were compatible with that use.  (Sorry I can't offer more explicit
feedback on the subject under discussion)

--chris