[Dwarf-discuss] Referring to the stdin 'file' in .debug_macinfo sections

Ben Elliston bje
Wed Apr 27 03:14:13 GMT 2005

> This looks good, as most compilers I have ever come across take "-" on
> its own to represent stdin. My only concern is whether "-" can be
> specified as a real filename, and so cause a conflict.  Some
> experimentation with ARM's compiler suggests that there is noway to do
> so in that implementation.  This also seems true for the version of gcc
> I'm using [1].

That sounds reasonable to me, but I see that GCC version 4 also uses '<stdin>' when
the input is stdin (specified with `-' on the command line).  Perhaps that's a better
choice to minimise disruption?

Cheers, Ben