[Dwarf-discuss] DWARF Workgroup

Michael Eager eager
Wed Mar 23 15:11:48 GMT 2005

Now that we have a new email list for DWARF-related discussions and
a new website to manage the DWARF standard (although it remains to have
some needed automation), we would like to reconstitute the Core Workgroup.

We are looking for people who have experience with DWARF, preferably
involvement with compiler or debugger development, and time, interest,
and patience to participate in the standards process.

Ron Brender of HP has offered the use of HP's telephone conferencing
facilities.  In the past, there were a number of people from the Bay
Area and we met in person at SGI with additional participation over
telephone.  We may decide to only meet by telephone, with infrequent
in-person meeting, perhaps associated with conferences such as ESC
or LinuxWorld.

The Core Workgroup will review the open issues, propose/adopt
resolutions, publish these proposed/adopted resolutions, and finalize
the DWARF 3 standard.  We will also plan for future extensions to
the DWARF standard.

Please let me know if you are interested in being part of the
Core Workgroup.  Naturally, folks may chose to only participate in the
DWARF standard process through this mailing list, if they wish.

Michael Eager	 Chair, FSG DWARF Workgroup     eager at eagercon.com