[Dwarf-discuss] Re: Dwarf Comment Submission

Chris Quenelle Chris.Quenelle
Sat May 28 17:39:47 GMT 2005

I believe the intention is that multiple top-level tags can
be in one CU-block.   The spec uses the same name for
CU tags and for the CU block with a header.
That makes it difficult to even *discuss* what the standard
is trying to say.  :-(

That's the gist of what I was trying to get at with issue: 030814.1

We are working on the terminology issue, but for now I think
you should assume that multiple top-level (CU) tags can be
in a CU block.  (If I'm wrong, someone will correct me I'm sure.)

Also, I don't think that top-level tags are required to be grouped
in any way, and I don't think that one object file is restricted
to containing only one CU block.  So my reading is that an
implementation may choose to split each CU tag into its own
CU block, or it can choose to combine them together.

--chris