[Dwarf-discuss] tag nesting question

Daniel Jacobowitz drow
Mon Dec 25 04:05:31 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 12:07:57PM +0100, Marcel Mettes wrote:
>    2. The TASKING compiler nests type TAGS like DW_TAG_base_type,
>       DW_TAG_pointer_type, DW_TAG_union_type or DW_TAG_const_type within
>       DW_TAG_structure_type when used by one of the struct's fields.

I've wondered about this before.  What if the nested tag is named?
Is this a name local to the containing structure (in C++, where that's
meaningful), or a name local to the containing structure's scope, or a
global name?

I ask because I'm pretty sure I've seen compilers report a
DW_TAG_base_type with DW_AT_name: int, inside of a namespace or
structure.  I think they're in error to do so.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery