[Dwarf-discuss] Purpose of basic_block flag in line number table?

Ron Brender ron.brender
Thu Jul 20 12:46:39 GMT 2006

Michael Eager wrote:
> I believe that the basic block flag was added for profiling
> source code, not for optimizing stepping.  I don't know if any
> tools are actually using the flag -- I'd be interested in hearing.

I was puzzled over that flags utility as well--that application did not
occur to me.

Perhaps we should add an italics comment to that effect in the next
version. (Gee, am I already starting to talk about a next version!)

Ron