[Dwarf-discuss] dwarf-discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 6

Bishop, John E john.e.bishop@intel.com
Tue Apr 24 12:36:30 GMT 2007

>   I am trying to find out how dwarf specs deal with a variables that
> resides in various locations at different points in the program such
> as registers, constants and memory location.

   See the discussion of location lists, section 2.5

> Especially what when at some program point there can be
> different locations based on the program path ?

   See issue number 050808.1, "discontiguous scopes"

If what you're talking about is the case where multiple instances of
the same variable are live at the same point (e.g., due to optimizations
that first do a loop-unroll and then merge the loops, so that "x"
from iteration "i" is in R3 but "x" from iteration"i-1" is in R4
and "x" from iteration "i+1" is in R5), then I don't think there is
a good solution in Dwarf unless the variables are renamed so that
they are separate.

	-John