[Dwarf-Discuss] How might I get libdwarf/dwarfdump to compile?

David Anderson davea42@earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 22:45:49 GMT 2007

Paul wrote:
> I downloaded libdwarf and libelf and am trying to build dwarfdump.
> However, it appears that there are missing files and that the user is
> expected to run some script to generate (at least some of) these files.
> There are no default versions of the files nor a portable set of them.
> The configure script mentioned in the readme file is not portable and so
> cannot run on my system.
Your email does not have any specific information, so
I don't have any immediate suggestions.

libdwarf is  not relevant to the  DWARF committee.

Please direct libdwarf questions to me...

The configure is as portable as I know how to make it.
It's generated by autoconf 2.59 and that has worked for most folks.
But of course there is no guarantee.

The Makefile should generate all that is needed (aside from
system header files and libraries).

Please direct libdwarf questions to me...

My first questions would be:
   What operating system and cpu in use here?
   What 'shell' in use to run configure?  sh? bash? other?
   What does 'configure' say when you run it? (the entire
      output, not just some selected part of it)

DavidAnderson
davea42
-at-
earthlink  -dot- net.