[Dwarf-discuss] Constant expressions in locations lists

Cary Coutant cary@cup.hp.com
Fri Mar 9 00:34:49 GMT 2007

> I don't understand how, if you have 'types', that one could store
> such on the
> simple address-size-entry stack.  And if you had  a type for each
> entry,
> how could DW_OP_plus do anything without some conversion.
>
> I don't mean to be difficult, I just don't get it. Sorry.
> I'm sure a complete description of what you mean by types
> would answer my questions, and I'm happy to wait for such if
> this notion gets general interest (and if it does not get
> general interest, then it's moot).

It was meant only as a device for specifying the semantics, nothing
else. I'll be away from the discussion while I'm on vacation for the
next 10 days, then I'll see if it's worth developing when I return.

-cary