[Dwarf-Discuss] Help with debug info for fixed-point data types

Rohit Arul Raj rohitarulraj@gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:28:00 GMT 2007

Hi Ron,

>From the debug information generated, i need to differentiate between
different fixed point types that have same size.
For e.g. the following data types long fract (S.39) and accum (S7.31)
have same size (8 bytes).

Is there any way to find out from the debug information which type it
is if their sizes are same?

>From the manual, i assumed that DW_AT_binary_scale ,DW_AT_digit_count
can be used for this purpose. But i was not sure how to encode this
information.

Can you suggest any way to overcome this issue?

Regards,
Shafi