[Dwarf-Discuss] DWARF Issue 071227.1

Mark Wielaard mwielaard@redhat.com
Sat Apr 12 12:23:31 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 18:07 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > You were invited to join the DWARF Standards Committee and you
> > declined, saying you were not interested in furthering the standard.
>
> I certainly never said that!  Nice creative interpretation there.  I
> said I was unlikely to attend any committee meetings in person or by
> telephone and that I was not particularly concerned about having a
> formal vote in any official standards process.  If showing up for
> meetings is a prerequisite to be on the mailing list where actual
> proposals are circulated and discussed, then I think it's that process
> that is limiting the furtherance of the standard, not my interest level.

I agree with Roland. I am just an interested observer but I also would
like to see which proposals are circulated and what is on the agenda for
the meetings. The website says "You do not need to be a committee member
to participate in discussions about DWARF, just join the DWARF Mailing
List." which is why I joined the list.

Would it be possible to post new proposals to this mailinglist and the
agenda items for meetings for people who are interested in the dwarf
standard, but who are not officially committee members or might not have
the time to personally sit in on all the meetings?

Thanks,

Mark