[Dwarf-Discuss] PROPOSAL: Constant expressions in location lists

Chris Quenelle Chris.Quenelle@Sun.COM
Tue Jan 8 02:24:40 GMT 2008

There will normally be a huge amount of information about the type,
but the variable itself will be represented by a single die
which references the type.  Location information on class types
should be for the purpose of telling you how to go from the 'this'
pointer to the member data.  It wouldn't be correct to add
location information related to specific code locations, since
different variables of the same type might have different
location information for this kind of thing.

--chris