[Dwarf-Discuss] Inconsistency in DWARF length escape codes

Ron Brender ron.brender@charter.net
Tue Jun 24 12:51:28 GMT 2008

What was the resolution of this question? I agree that it is merely a
typo. I note that

   - there is  one  occurrence  of 0xfffffff0
   - there are four occurrences of 0xffffff00

This suggests that the typo is in the first case (0xfffffff0 should be
0xffffff00).

Shall I go ahead and make that correction? Or does someone want to
debate whether we need 16 vs 256 escape codes? (IMHO 16 is undoubtedly
enough, but it is outvoted 4 to 1. :-)

FWIW, in searching my archives I was unable to find the original
proposal we adopted that established the escape scheme way back when...

Ron