[Dwarf-Discuss] DWARF for DSP like processors with multiple memories

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Tue Nov 25 22:25:38 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:58:08AM -0800, Michael Eager wrote:
>> I don't believe that's correct.  GCC does have a known omission (it's
>> not accurate in epilogue sequences), and a known quirk (call-clobbered
>> registers are not explicitly marked), but it should describe every saved
>> register.
>
> The caller-saved regs don't appear in the CFI, as I recall.

Oh, right.  I believe that neither call-saved nor call-clobbered
registers are marked - unless they are saved!  The saves are always
recorded; all that's missing is the distinction between same_value and
undefined.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery