[Dwarf-Discuss] example c programs which exract dwarf information

David Anderson davea42@earthlink.net
Sun Nov 30 18:57:29 GMT 2008

ranjith kumar wrote:
> Hi
> I am new to dwarf.
>   1) Is there any simple example C/CPP program which includes
> libdwarf.h and extracts dwarf information from an executable.
>  2) does dwarf support ARM processor??
> I mean can dwarf extract debug information form an executable produced
> for ARM processor.

Any libdwarf.h you see was written by 'someone', it is not a formal part of
the DWARF2/3/4 standards.

readelf  (gnu binutils) and dwarfdump (which I support, just google
dwarfdump)
can do what you ask (assuming I really understand your questions).  Both
are available free in C source.   Whether either is 'simple' is  another
question.
Each is 'as simple as possible' in some sense(?).

Since you surely know that  I rather doubt I understand your questions!
David Anderson