[Dwarf-Discuss] Help and suggestion on DWARF file format

Arnab Ganguly aganguly01@gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 07:06:45 GMT 2009

Hi All,
I am new to this group. There are some basic queries from my end, more
related to DWARF file
formats.

DWARF file generated by MacOSX is it going to be same that of DWARF
file generated by Linux,Solaris, Windows etc  assuming for the same
code base?

Basically my intent is to write  a universal reader which can read the
DWARF files and on basis of the program counters it should be able to
tell the function name , line number and the file name.

I was planning to use the dwarfdump, generate a text file and parse
it. But it looks dwarfdump may be available for Mac OSX also is there
possibility that its output may change in future release of Mac OSX ?

What is the easiest way to read DWARF files ?

Any help or suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks in advance
Arnab