[Dwarf-Discuss] pubnames

Nettleton, Brian brian.nettleton@windriver.com
Tue Feb 3 19:49:54 GMT 2009

A continuation of this is to support where the name is a fully qualified
name but not available in the current context.  It's common for a
debugger to add an additional "global context" above and beyond the
outermost scope of the compiler.  So if the name isn't found in the
current context, then searching .debug_pubnames in this global context
makes sense.  Debuggers usually really do have this extra outer context
beyond the context described in the .debug_info.

-Brian Nettleton