[Dwarf-Discuss] imported_unit and reference identity

Roland McGrath roland@redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 21:35:25 GMT 2009

> The short answer is:
> If you want to combine type information that is in different parts
> of the visible scope tree, then you really should disable it
> if there are direct references to that type information.
>
> I think most of the discussion in Appendix E relates to
> combining type information that is actually the exact
> same type, but it would otherwise be recorded multiple
> times in executable.  In this sense, A::foo and B::foo are
> not the exact same type.  They have the same shape, but
> they are not the same type.

Back to the unanswered question: So then what is E.2.3 talking about?

It sounds like you are saying E.2.3 is entirely bogus, but noone has
mentioned changing its wording.

Thanks,
Roland