[Dwarf-Discuss] compilation unit base address related questions

Jason Merrill jason@redhat.com
Tue May 26 19:25:18 GMT 2009

Stoyan Shopov wrote:
> If it is undefined,
> then any DWARF entry defined in terms of the base address of that
> compilation unit - which (as I get it - the frame base in this
> minimalistic example is) is not valid. How come that?

The frame base for a function is not defined in terms of the base
address of the compilation unit.  The frame base for a function is the
beginning of the stack frame for a particular call to the function; the
only relationship between it and the base address of the compilation
unit is the words "base address".

Jason