[Dwarf-Discuss] Does gcc optimization impacts retriving Dwarf information?

Arnab Ganguly aganguly01@gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:03:38 GMT 2009

Compiler optimization will have impact on variables (volatile non volatile),
inline functions etc... for reference take a look on the various gcc
compiler options hence DWARF result will be impacted.Best is propose a
standard compiler settings across all the builds to get equivalent
traces.Also try out the dwarfdump tool and verify the output generated when
the compiler settings are being changed.
Thanks
-A