[Dwarf-Discuss] debugging information available at runtime?

Brendan Miller catphive@catphive.net
Wed Sep 9 06:41:12 GMT 2009

Thanks for your responses guys.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov<ppluzhnikov at google.com> wrote:
> Specifically, for source line mapping you need .debug_line section.
> You can see section flags with 'readelf -S a.out'. Usually .debug_line
> will not have 'A' (allocatable) flag, and so will not be present in
> memory.

Interesting. So potentially I could just have a post build step that
sets the SHF_ALLOC flag for .debug_line on my binaries and .so's to
have them automatically brought into memory? I guess that's more of an
ELF question than a DWARF one...

btw, is there an equivalent ELF mailing list?

Thanks,
Brendan