[Dwarf-Discuss] Problem with libdwarf

Prerna Saxena prerna@linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 1 07:50:00 GMT 2010

On 03/29/2010 02:23 PM, Suchitra Venugopal1 wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working on extracting details from ELF DWARF format in HP Itanium
> platform. I have downloaded the libdwarf source code and compiled for HP
> Itanium.
> *
>  >./simplereader abcd.so* *
> Error in dwarf_next_cu_header.*
> *
>  >./frame1 abcd.so* *
> No frame data present. *
> Please guide me as to make these programs work for HP Itanium platform.

Hi Suchitra,

These programs are bundled as a part of libdwarf sources. If you have
some libdwarf-specific questions, I would recommend you to use the
libdwarf mailing list (libdwarf-list at earthlink.net) as specified on the
Libdwarf home page. The maintainers there would be better equipped to
answer code-specific queries.
This mailing list is for general discussion on the DWARF standard. You
probably wont be able to find implementation-specific help on this forum.

Regards,
--
Prerna Saxena

Linux Technology Centre,