[Dwarf-Discuss] decoding of form entries

Mathieu Lacage mathieu.lacage@gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 07:58:26 GMT 2010

hi,

Sorry for all these questions but I am getting lost, so, I am looking
for a bit of help...

Something that has been bugging me for a while is that I am not sure I
understand the meaning of 2.19  p 40 (dw4) that talks about how to
retrieve the value associated to an attribute in an entry. It says:

"For a reference, the value is a reference to another entity whose
value is the value of the
attribute."

So, I have a very practical question: if I want to get the value of
this form, I read the reference, that gives me a new location to parse
in the dwarf sections. What is the content of that new location ? Does
it point to an entry (meaning, I am going to find there an abbrev
code) ? If so, how do I know which attribute in this entry is going to
contain the value of my original attribute ? Would it be expected to
be the same attribute with a different non-reference form ?

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu.lacage at gmail.com>