[Dwarf-Discuss] file pc from source filename+source linenumber

David Anderson davea42@earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 14:53:47 GMT 2010

On 07/31/2010 05:57 AM, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
> hi,
>
> Another thing I tried to do without much success so far, is a back
> mapping from source filename+linenumber to pc address.

A function is part of a compilation unit. A compilation unit has
DW_AT_stmt_list which refers to line information for the compilation unit.

The pc address range for the function (from .debug_info) may be used to
find the right places
(for the function of interest) in the line number table ( .debug_line)
of that compilation
unit.

Hope this makes sense.
DavidAnderson