[Dwarf-Discuss] Problem with libdwarf

Suchitra Venugopal1 suchvenu@in.ibm.com
Mon Mar 29 08:53:39 GMT 2010

Hi,
 I am working on extracting details from ELF DWARF format in HP Itanium
platform. I have downloaded the libdwarf source code and compiled for HP
Itanium.  i have done some code changes especially for type casting as the
original source code was not compiling in HP Itanium platform.
I was trying to use the simplereader and frame1 programs to read my .so
file which is built on HP Itanium. But its giving error as follows.

>./simplereader abcd.so
              Error in dwarf_next_cu_header.

>./frame1 abcd.so
              No frame data present.

I have started debugging the code, mean while i thought of asking you
whether i need to do anything specific to make these programs work.

My platform details is as follows:

I am trying to build the application in 32 bits only.
Please guide me as to make these programs work for HP Itanium platform.

Thanks & Regards,
Suchitra Venugopal
IBM India Pvt. Ltd
Seat # FTF-2A-165(B),