[Dwarf-Discuss] Problem with libdwarf

David Anderson davea42@earthlink.net
Mon Mar 29 14:26:15 GMT 2010

Suchitra Venugopal1 wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working on extracting details from ELF DWARF format in HP Itanium
> platform. I have downloaded the libdwarf source code and compiled for
> HP Itanium.  i have done some code changes especially for type casting
> as the original source code was not compiling in HP Itanium platform.
> I was trying to use the simplereader and frame1 programs to read my
> .so file which is built on HP Itanium. But its giving error as follows.
>
> *
> >./simplereader abcd.so* *
>              Error in dwarf_next_cu_header.*
*I responded to * Suchitra Venugopal in private email and hope this
person can supply a small
non-proprietary shared object for me to test and add to my regression
test base.

libdwarf/dwarfdump users should note I created a new release yesterday (Arm
compiler users will want the new versions).
reality.sgiweb.org/davea/dwarf.html  has the details.

David Anderson, libdwarf maintainer
libdwarf-list   -at- earthlink -dot- net