[Dwarf-Discuss] [Dwarf-Workgroup] Request for a DW_LANG_ tag for Modula-3

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 00:48:56 GMT 2010

>> I am starting preliminary investigation into partial new compiler and
>> debugger
>> implementations for the Modula-3 programming language. ?I expect to use
>> Dwarf3 as debugging format. ?How do I request a new DW_LANG_ tag for
>> this language?
>>
>> Rodney Bates
>> rodney.bates at acm.org
>
> Submit a request at http://dwarfstd.org/Comment.php.
> I'm assuming that there is are non-trivial differences
> between Modula-2 and Modula-3.
>
> The next available DW_LANG value would be 0x0010.

No, 0x0010 is DW_LANG_ObjC. (Turn the page!)

As far as I've seen, two new values have already been tentatively
assigned since DWARF-4 was published:

DW_LANG_OpenCL 0x0015
DW_LANG_Go 0x0016

That would make 0x0017 the next available value.

-cary