[Dwarf-Discuss] error building libdwarf

Rawat Mohit RawatMohit@JohnDeere.com
Wed Sep 29 10:45:19 GMT 2010

Hello, All.
                I m new to this ELF/DWARF word.
Some confusion I want to clear with you. Situation is like, I am working with VX-Compiler( TASKING iDE). That IDE can produce ELF file as output, I can see that file through Tasking IDE, but I am not able to find any DWARF-debugging data in that ELF file.
So, my question is if I have to add Debugging info into my Source code file( *.c file) and then at the time of compilation I will get DWARF data into my ELF output file or Tasking-IDE will automatically add that debugging info into source code files at the time of compilation.

Mohit

From: dwarf-discuss-bounces at lists.dwarfstd.org [mailto:dwarf-discuss-bounces@lists.dwarfstd.org] On Behalf Of Neila Radhid
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:58 PM
To: dwarf list
Subject: [Dwarf-Discuss] error building libdwarf

Hi,
I'm using ubuntu 10.04 and when I build libdwarf
I get this message:
gcc -g -O2 -I. -I.   -c -o dwarf_elf_access.o dwarf_elf_access.c
dwarf_elf_access.c: In function ?dwarf_elf_object_access_internals_init?:
dwarf_elf_access.c:146: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
dwarf_elf_access.c:177: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
dwarf_elf_access.c: In function ?dwarf_elf_object_access_get_section_info?:
dwarf_elf_access.c:248: error: ?Elf_Scn? undeclared (first use in this function)
dwarf_elf_access.c:248: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dwarf_elf_access.c:248: error: for each function it appears in.)
dwarf_elf_access.c:248: error: ?scn? undeclared (first use in this function)
dwarf_elf_access.c:290: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
dwarf_elf_access.c: In function ?dwarf_elf_object_access_load_section?:
dwarf_elf_access.c:842: error: ?Elf_Scn? undeclared (first use in this function)
dwarf_elf_access.c:842: error: ?scn? undeclared (first use in this function)
dwarf_elf_access.c:843: error: ?Elf_Data? undeclared (first use in this function)
dwarf_elf_access.c:843: error: ?data? undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [dwarf_elf_access.o] Error 1
how can I fix it?
Thanks