[Dwarf-Discuss] error building libdwarf

David Anderson davea42@earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 15:40:20 GMT 2010

On 09/29/2010 03:45 AM, Rawat Mohit wrote:

> Hello, All.
>
>                 I m new to this ELF/DWARF word.
>
> Some confusion I want to clear with you. Situation is like, I am
> working with VX-Compiler( TASKING iDE). That IDE can produce ELF file
> as output, I can see that file through Tasking IDE, but I am not able
> to find any DWARF-debugging data in that ELF file.
>
> So, my question is if I have to add Debugging info into my Source code
> file( *.c file) and then at the time of compilation I will get DWARF
> data into my ELF output file or Tasking-IDE will automatically add
> that debugging info into source code files at the time of compilation.

  Whether any given compiler generates any DWARF information  (by
default or by you
setting a preference or providing a compiler option) is up to the
compiler developers.
So check with folks who know your tools.

David Anderson

--
I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.  -- E. B. White