[Dwarf-Discuss] Problem installing libdwarf

David Anderson davea42@earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 15:47:21 GMT 2010

On 09/28/2010 03:00 AM, Miriam Dali wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new in this topic, I want to use libdwarf and dwarfdump (version 2010-08-08) so I build it
> with the following instruction:
>
> tar xzf libdwarf-<version date extension>.tar.gz
> cd dwarf-<version date extension>
> ./configure
> make
> cd ../dwarfdump
> ./configure
> make
> But the sudo make install doesn't work and give me this:
> cat install.sh>install
> chmod a+x install
> How can I fix it
> thanks a
>   lot

Oops. That's my fault.      I simply forgot to even test 'install' ( I
never install it, so I never
noticed, but that is no excuse, really).

Add the command

sudo sh install libdwarf.a /usr/local/lib

to install in /usr/local/lib.

David Anderson

--
I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.  -- E. B. White