[Dwarf-Discuss] question about [0x0..0xffffffff] location list entry

Moore, David david.moore@intel.com
Wed Feb 23 14:35:04 GMT 2011

Making it invalid is, I think, no better a choice than allowing it to wrap. Suppose a routine is positioned right at the end of memory. The last address of a range could then quite validly be 0xffffffff + 1. We can represent that using a base and offset - the start of the routine and its length, perhaps.

So ends of ranges that are just bigger than the size of memory are conceivable and if we specify how arithmetic works here, we should say it uses universals (in the Ada sense)