[Dwarf-Discuss] Vendor extensions in .debug_macinfo

David Anderson davea42@earthlink.net
Wed Jul 20 20:07:17 GMT 2011

> If we go the new section way, then surely the initial ops would be all
> non-vendor extensions.

DW_*  identifiers not defined by the standard are extensions, so I would
expect
them to be named and numbered as such.

On the other hand,  I have not seen the detailed proposal, so perhaps
that proposal
will address the namespace/namespace-numbering issue effectively somehow.

DavidA.
The libdwarf web site (sgiweb.org) has gone off the air (presumably
temporarily).
libdwarf is still available in git on sourceforge.  If sgiweb.org does
not come back
soon I will establish a new website for libdwarf.

--
The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while. -- Malcolm Fleschner