[Dwarf-Discuss] Attribute DW_AT_location has form DW_FORM_sdata?

Ron Brender ron.brender@gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:56:16 GMT 2011

The option to use DW_FORM_sdata in the DW_AT_location attribute of a
field is new in DWARF *V4*. It is a size optimization for the very
common case where the field offset is a constant. (Otherwise, an address
expression is required which is at least a couple bytes larger.) I would
expect that dwarf_loclist() and dwarf_loclist_n() already must use the
form in order to distinguish a simple expression versus a location
list--handling the sdata case should be a minor extension.

Ron