[Dwarf-Discuss] Any real products that do...

Relph, Richard Richard.Relph@amd.com
Thu Oct 20 17:24:24 GMT 2011

Howdy,
    I'm getting push back from my compiler team on the need for accurate column information in the DWARF. We've proceeded pretty far afield from the original problem, but an interesting question has arisen.
    Are there any existing DWARF-based tool chains (compiler and debugger) that use column information to do, say, highlight the fragments of a for statement as execution advances? Or are there other interesting uses of accurate column information out there in debuggers? In particular, multiple column entries in the same file/line...
Thanks,
Richard