[Dwarf-Discuss] DWARF2 - Endianity issues for DW_AT_bit_offset fields

Ron Brender ron.brender@gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:34:55 GMT 2011

The three emails referenced are attached.

Ron Brender

---------------
Hello All,

In DWARF2, I have some trouble understanding why GCC is generating
negative offsets for DW_AT_bit_offset field of structure using bitfields
(C language). The target is little-endian.

Incidentally I happen to come across the endianity issues discussed in
http://dwarfstd.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=081130.1&type=closed3

It mentions the original problem described in three emails -

"
Brender email of 2008-05-17
Robinson email of 2008-05-19
Allen email of 2008-07-07
"

I tried searching them in dwarf-discuss archives but could not find. Can
someone give me the links to the above conversations?

Thanks

Anitha