[Dwarf-Discuss] constants updates, minor DWARF standard upgrade?

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 06:24:59 GMT 2012

> Well, perhaps I was exceeding my authority, or we have a different
> definition of "assurances", but I recall asking in a meeting whether
> the assignment for Go was firm and could be used by Ian without fear
> of collision. With Ron's confirmation that the new number had been
> added to the draft document, I was confident enough to give the
> go-ahead.

Unsurprisingly, my memory is totally unreliable. With a little digging
through old email, I see that I was instead recalling an earlier
discussion about DW_LANG_Python, which we added late in the DWARF-4
process -- late enough that the DWARF-4 spec was nearly cast in stone
at the point I gave a go-ahead to use the assigned value.

Apologies for clouding the discussion!

-cary