[Dwarf-Discuss] Resend Encoding large constant values

John DelSignore John.DelSignore@roguewave.com
Mon Sep 17 21:21:44 GMT 2012

Hi Cary,

In a previous message, you asked:

> Isn't DW_FORM_block* the form you're looking for?

And in the message below, you identified that the standard already allows the block forms for constants, and the values are represented in "target architecture" format. So yes, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I dug through the TotalView sources and it already treats DW_FORM_block* this way, so if a compiler were to produce it, we'd do the "right thing". The sad thing is that I probably knew all of this at one point, and just forgot about it.

Cheers, John D.