[Dwarf-Discuss] Tracking issues

Mark Wielaard mjw@redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 08:49:30 GMT 2013

On Mon, 2013-06-24 at 08:58 -0700, Michael Eager wrote:
> On 06/24/2013 07:42 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > Is there a location for the original issues as submitted?
> > Is there a diff between versions of issues when they get revised?
> > Is there a way to keep track of any issue changes like the above?
>
> http://dwarfstd.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=100831.1-1&type=closed
>
> We don't keep a complete history of each change to a proposal.
> Some proposals (like 100831.1) underwent significant changes
> as it evolved.  For a few, where there has been a large change,
> we do keep the previous version for reference.

Aha OK, I have updated the elfutils GNU DWARF extensions page with the
new URLs for Fission, implicit pointer and Go. Let me know if I missed
any others. https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/wiki/DwarfExtensions
It would be really helpful if the issue URLs were stable.

Could an email be sent to the list whenever an issue is updated?
Currently it is somewhat hard to keep track of (proposed) changes to the
standard.

Thanks,

Mark