[Dwarf-Discuss] About self-referencial sized types

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Wed Apr 23 14:28:57 GMT 2014

> > Just to address the gdb part -- the only reason this isn't implemented
> > is that presumably no gdb developer has ever encountered a compiler that
> > emits it.  It shouldn't be hard to add should you need it.  Please file
> > a bug in gdb bugzilla.
>
> That's strange, for Fortran arrays GCC emits DW_OP_push_object_address
> heavily.

The issue, I think, is that dynamic array size support has only been very
recently added (last week, or the week before). Until then, there was
no use adding support for that operand, I think.

--
Joel