[Dwarf-Discuss] Issue 100805.1 dynamic properties of types: reference interpretation

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 22:18:56 GMT 2014

> The proposed DWARF5 suggestion "dynamic properties of types: reference
> interpretation" http://dwarfstd.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=100805.1 says:
>
>         Accepted with modification -- Sept. 18, 2012
>
>         The second bullet in Section 2.19, pg. 40, reads as follows:
>
>           - For a reference, the value is a reference to another
>             entity which specifies the value of the attribute.
>
>         Revised text:
>
>           - For a reference, the value is a DWARF procedure that computes
>             the attribute value".

We did discuss this at the September meeting, but the issue page
didn't get updated correctly. The revised text was supposed to be
this:

For a reference, the value is a reference to another DIE.  This DIE may
    -- describe a variable which contains the attribute value
    -- describes a constant which is the attribute value
    -- contain a DWARF expression which computes the attribute value
or is a dwarf procedure which computes the attribute
value

(Even as is, I think the wording is just a little off. We may need to
tweak it a bit.)

-cary