[Dwarf-Discuss] DW_LANG_C11

Mark Wielaard mjw@redhat.com
Sun Mar 30 19:06:06 GMT 2014

On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 09:16 -0700, Michael Eager wrote:
> On 09/25/13 03:38, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > Asking because I was wondering if it would make sense to propose
> > DW_LANG_C11 (ISO/IEC 9899:2011) for DWARF5?
>
> Yes, if there are differences in meaning for DWARF attributes which
> depend on the language version.  Please use the Comment page:
> http://dwarfstd.org/Comment.php.

At first I didn't file an enhancement request since there are probably
no changes in how to interpret the meaning of DWARF attributes. But for
debuggers it is needed information to be able to correctly handle
expressions for the user related to the current CU since C11 did add
some keywords and so allows some expressions that are not valid in
earlier standards.

Filed as follows (I got no issue number yet):