[Dwarf-Discuss] About self-referencial sized types

Robinson, Paul Paul_Robinson@playstation.sony.com
Wed May 14 19:48:15 GMT 2014

I had to do something like this for a COBOL compiler once, except
it was simply [1 .. N] and so I had the upper bound be a reference
to the member DIE for N.  If you're computing an expression on N
then yes it's more complicated.

In this case it seems like you could DW_OP_push_object_address to get
the address of "A", from there back up to the address of "N", fetch
it, and compute the max.

> >> On the other hand, getting the address of the "A" member would not
> >> be sufficient: in more complex cases, the offset of the "A" member
> >> can depend on discriminants!

Does that mean the offset between "A" and "N" is not constant?
You'd have to produce a sub-expression to compute that offset...
This sounds complicated but not infeasible.
--paulr