[Dwarf-Discuss] DWARF and online-compiled programs (Simon Brand)

Bishop, John E john.e.bishop@intel.com
Mon Jun 13 12:54:17 GMT 2016

> For example, add a new attribute, e.g., DW_AT_source, and in 3.1.1 where DW_AT_name is described:

However we point to the source code, we'd want to be able to do PC/line correlation; the line number table currently uses the source file name and the line (and column) numbers; the proposal should therefore explain how to reference the in-binary source in the line-number table create and how lines and columns are to be found in the in-binary source string.

	-John