[Dwarf-Discuss] .cfi_offset questions

Jonas Haag jonas@lophus.org
Thu Mar 24 15:50:02 GMT 2016

> On 24 Mar 2016, at 16:35, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's fine to have different regions of code with different register
> save states, but it's a bad idea to have two paths join without
> compensation code at the end of one or both paths to match the states.
> For example, you could restore the spilled registers at the end of
> each path (which is probably more typical for a shrink-wrapped
> function).

Thank you! That?s exactly the information I was looking for.

By saying that .debug_frame supports shrink wrapping, do you also mean that it supports the ?two paths join with different register state? case? Which means it?s only a matter of the .cfi_xxx directives, and if I were to build the .debug_frame/.eh_frame section by hand I would be fine?

Jonas