[Dwarf-Discuss] DWARF piece questions

Robinson, Paul paul.robinson@sony.com
Fri Jan 27 19:40:27 GMT 2017

I'd expect that the DWARF consumer will understand what the target for the
original executable was, and interpret any DWARF expressions appropriately.

My understanding is that AVX and AVX-512 were considered to expand the
vector registers at the most-significant-bit end, not the LSB end.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions
This allows the same DWARF register numbers to be reused and counting
bits from the LSB end works regardless of the register width.

I'm not able to find equivalent comparison of the z/Architecture models,
but if they do something similar then it should all Just Work.
--paulr