[Dwarf-Discuss] Semantics of DW_OP_(b)reg

David Anderson davea42@linuxmail.org
Mon Mar 20 16:48:18 GMT 2017

On 03/17/2017 09:07 AM,  I wrote
> Now this is interesting wording. Because it says 'described location'.
> I think there is a strong case for arguing that a register name does
> describe a 'thing' that held a value.   And it says 'register location
> description' which is precisely 2.6.1.1.3  which reaffirms that
> idea. .

Having said the above I think this use of 'register location description'
is an example of a place in the Dwarf5 standard
where a link (to 2.6.1.1.3 ) would be a distinct improvement.

An improvement because it draws attention to that phrase
as having a very specific interpretation in the standard,
making the reader's job easier without adding visible text.

DavidA.